Week 2 Reading Overview



Choose from CLASSICAL and/or BIBLICAL units for Weeks 3 and 4.

Week 3: Homer's Iliad

Week 4: Homer's Odyssey

Choose from MIDDLE EASTERN and/or INDIAN units for Weeks 5 and 6.

Week 5: Ancient Egypt

Week 6: Arabian Nights

Choose from ASIAN and/or AFRICAN units for Weeks 7 and 9. [Week 8 is review week.]

Week 7: Japanese Mythology

Week 9: The Monkey King

Choose from NATIVE AMERICAN units for Weeks 10 and 11.

Week 10: Pacific Northwest

Week 11: Cherokee

Choose from BRITISH and/or CELTIC units for Weeks 12 and 13.

Week 12: Robin Hood

Week 13: King Arthur

Choose from EUROPEAN units for Weeks 14 and 15.

Week 14: Inferno

Week 15: Hunt

I'm excited to begin reading Homer's Iliad and Odyssey, as I heard them referenced numerous times while reading the Percy Jackson series as a kid, but have never had the time to read it myself. A majority of the stories I've put on this list are stories that I am aware exist but have not taken time to myself to indulge on the tales being told. The necklace below represents Camp Half-Blood, part of the book series that got me hooked into Greek mythology, as the series was a vessel for telling the stories of ancient gods in modern times.


Comments

Popular Posts